Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Year 1993


My first days at wynberg allen school mussoorie..I had come to here to give my entrance exams in the midst of October..and my dad had drove has to this splendour hill station.The tests went off well and my parents were awaiting the results..At last ir reached them and I had qualified to gain entry into this school..
Everyone was overjoyed and sad too coz I was leaving home now and entering a world so soon which I had to handle on my own. It was first day at school and I entered with full joy and excitement. On entering I was first given a badge stating what type of meals I would like to have ..and without giving it second thought I chose non-veg coz I knew I couldn’t do without it ,and there I was let into a big and beautiful dining hall filled with students like me and older than me. Some were newer ones like I was and the older ones knew there ways out..So I sat there with tears in my eyes for some moment remembering my own room where I would be having ,my dinner at my pleasure.Then I would everytime look at the time and this would remind me as to what I would be doing at that moment way back home.
So it was you know a different experience altogether , an atmosphere full of different and new things to explore and although it seemed some sought of alien land to me I got adjusted in no time at this boarding school..
The very next morning we had our maids dress us up and off to the assembly hall(although I didn’t know what this place was called but I came to know later we too had a separate dedicated place for our prayers at school).
Next we were led into out classrooms and there we had our teacher and I remember her name Miss Janet. She was a sweet person nothing sort of those teacher qualities which I thought she would possess. She introduced to us the very basics to us as to what to do and what not..The very first words we learnt was as to how to ask and answer the nature’s call if we wanted and in our language it was called (No.1 and No.2)at first it seemed awkward to me but later I got used to it and it was a pretty decent way to ask out ourselves out. So that’s how life continued and of course I am not gonna discuss things in detail especially the dormitory details …I hope you understand.
So years passed I we grew up amongst these hills and those chilly winters..but we usually had holidays during november.So we didn’t get to face the snowfall too often. It was pleasure after all to be amongst the wonderful climate there.

No comments:

do pdf